Stormy Frolic kicked away in the stretch to easily win Saturday's $145,000 Calder Breeders' Cup Handicap, reduced to a field of eight after the race was switched from the turf to a sloppy main track.
Trainer Christophe Clement indicated to Calder racing secretary Bob Umphrey Wednesday morning that he plans to let Moyglare Stud's 4-year-old filly Dress To Thrill accept the high weight assignment of 122 pounds for Saturday's $150,000 Calder Breeders' Cup Handicap.
Calder Racing Secretary Bob Umphrey has assigned Moyglare Farm's 4-year-old Irish-bred filly Dress To Thrill topweight of 122 pounds for Saturday's $150,000 Calder Breeders' Cup Handicap for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 miles on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Trainer Baird Reaches Win 2,000
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill