Stormy Frolic kicked away in the stretch to easily win Saturday's $145,000 Calder Breeders' Cup Handicap, reduced to a field of eight after the race was switched from the turf to a sloppy main track.
Trainer Christophe Clement indicated to Calder racing secretary Bob Umphrey Wednesday morning that he plans to let Moyglare Stud's 4-year-old filly Dress To Thrill accept the high weight assignment of 122 pounds for Saturday's $150,000 Calder Breeders' Cup Handicap.
Calder Racing Secretary Bob Umphrey has assigned Moyglare Farm's 4-year-old Irish-bred filly Dress To Thrill topweight of 122 pounds for Saturday's $150,000 Calder Breeders' Cup Handicap for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 miles on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night