Stormy Frolic kicked away in the stretch to easily win Saturday's $145,000 Calder Breeders' Cup Handicap, reduced to a field of eight after the race was switched from the turf to a sloppy main track.
Trainer Christophe Clement indicated to Calder racing secretary Bob Umphrey Wednesday morning that he plans to let Moyglare Stud's 4-year-old filly Dress To Thrill accept the high weight assignment of 122 pounds for Saturday's $150,000 Calder Breeders' Cup Handicap.
Calder Racing Secretary Bob Umphrey has assigned Moyglare Farm's 4-year-old Irish-bred filly Dress To Thrill topweight of 122 pounds for Saturday's $150,000 Calder Breeders' Cup Handicap for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 miles on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Welfare and Safety Summit Set for June 28
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al