Stormy Frolic kicked away in the stretch to easily win Saturday's $145,000 Calder Breeders' Cup Handicap, reduced to a field of eight after the race was switched from the turf to a sloppy main track.
Trainer Christophe Clement indicated to Calder racing secretary Bob Umphrey Wednesday morning that he plans to let Moyglare Stud's 4-year-old filly Dress To Thrill accept the high weight assignment of 122 pounds for Saturday's $150,000 Calder Breeders' Cup Handicap.
Calder Racing Secretary Bob Umphrey has assigned Moyglare Farm's 4-year-old Irish-bred filly Dress To Thrill topweight of 122 pounds for Saturday's $150,000 Calder Breeders' Cup Handicap for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 miles on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Kentucky Regulator Approves 2015 Race Dates
- Fawkner, Adelaide Among Cox Plate Favorites
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- Raffetto Joins New England HPBA Effort
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- CT Classic Could Move to Afternoon in 2015
- Foreign Policy to Stand at River Oaks Farms