Louisiana's first racetrack slot parlor opens today at Delta Downs, more than two years after Calcasieu Parish voters approved the operation. For Boyd Gaming, Delta Downs' owner, the opening is long overdue.
Pinnacle Entertainment plans to build Louisiana's largest riverboat for its proposed Lake Charles casino if the project is approved in April.
Delta Downs -- Louisana's first race track slot casino -- will officially open at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13. The Vinton, La. track is already running newspaper ads in Houston promoting the opening of its slot parlor. It's located near the southern Louisiana-Texas border.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Dynamic Trade Continues at Arqana Sale
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale