Louisiana's first racetrack slot parlor opens today at Delta Downs, more than two years after Calcasieu Parish voters approved the operation. For Boyd Gaming, Delta Downs' owner, the opening is long overdue.
Pinnacle Entertainment plans to build Louisiana's largest riverboat for its proposed Lake Charles casino if the project is approved in April.
Delta Downs -- Louisana's first race track slot casino -- will officially open at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13. The Vinton, La. track is already running newspaper ads in Houston promoting the opening of its slot parlor. It's located near the southern Louisiana-Texas border.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- John Ortiz Earns First Training Win