Louisiana's first racetrack slot parlor opens today at Delta Downs, more than two years after Calcasieu Parish voters approved the operation. For Boyd Gaming, Delta Downs' owner, the opening is long overdue.
Pinnacle Entertainment plans to build Louisiana's largest riverboat for its proposed Lake Charles casino if the project is approved in April.
Delta Downs -- Louisana's first race track slot casino -- will officially open at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13. The Vinton, La. track is already running newspaper ads in Houston promoting the opening of its slot parlor. It's located near the southern Louisiana-Texas border.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Elliston Named Keeneland VP of Racing, Sales