Calvin Borel, winner of this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Bands (gr. I) aboard Street Sense, won the Inaugural "Cajun Jockey Challenge" at Evangeline Downs on Friday night.
Jockey Calvin Borel was the recipient of this year's ESPY award for top jockey and received the award during a presentation ceremony at Hollywood's Kodak Theatre July 11, said the jockey's agent, Jerry Hissam.
Calvin Borel and Robby Albarado, the winning jockeys in this year's first two legs of the Triple Crown, are set to renew their rivalry in the inaugural Cajun Jockey Challenge at Evangeline Downs Racetrack July 13.
Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino will hold its first "Cajun Jockey Challenge" the evening of July 13. A brunch to assist the Race Track Chaplaincy of America will be held earlier that day.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact