Calvin Borel, winner of this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Bands (gr. I) aboard Street Sense, won the Inaugural "Cajun Jockey Challenge" at Evangeline Downs on Friday night.
Jockey Calvin Borel was the recipient of this year's ESPY award for top jockey and received the award during a presentation ceremony at Hollywood's Kodak Theatre July 11, said the jockey's agent, Jerry Hissam.
Calvin Borel and Robby Albarado, the winning jockeys in this year's first two legs of the Triple Crown, are set to renew their rivalry in the inaugural Cajun Jockey Challenge at Evangeline Downs Racetrack July 13.
Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino will hold its first "Cajun Jockey Challenge" the evening of July 13. A brunch to assist the Race Track Chaplaincy of America will be held earlier that day.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- OBS Yearling Sale Stays Steady on Final Day
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Making a Case for Transparency
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- American Pharoah Draws Post 2 for Travers