Calvin Borel, winner of this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Bands (gr. I) aboard Street Sense, won the Inaugural "Cajun Jockey Challenge" at Evangeline Downs on Friday night.
- By Claire Novak
Jockey Calvin Borel was the recipient of this year's ESPY award for top jockey and received the award during a presentation ceremony at Hollywood's Kodak Theatre July 11, said the jockey's agent, Jerry Hissam.
Calvin Borel and Robby Albarado, the winning jockeys in this year's first two legs of the Triple Crown, are set to renew their rivalry in the inaugural Cajun Jockey Challenge at Evangeline Downs Racetrack July 13.
Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino will hold its first "Cajun Jockey Challenge" the evening of July 13. A brunch to assist the Race Track Chaplaincy of America will be held earlier that day.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon