The Illinois Racing Board agreed July 26 to require race tracks to include "field size bonus" money in the base purse amount used to calculate owners' and breeders' awards.
Trainer Patrick Biancone has been ordered by Kentucky racing stewards to serve a 15-day suspension after a horse under his care tested positive for prohibited drugs. Biancone remains under investigation following a search of his barns earlier this year.
- By Tom LaMarra
Research shows small amounts of stimulants and therapeutic drugs can be detected in stalls and other locations on the backstretch, and that has horsemen concerned given sensitive testing methods and regulations that don't make provisions for environmental contamination.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million