The Illinois Racing Board agreed July 26 to require race tracks to include "field size bonus" money in the base purse amount used to calculate owners' and breeders' awards.
Trainer Patrick Biancone has been ordered by Kentucky racing stewards to serve a 15-day suspension after a horse under his care tested positive for prohibited drugs. Biancone remains under investigation following a search of his barns earlier this year.
Research shows small amounts of stimulants and therapeutic drugs can be detected in stalls and other locations on the backstretch, and that has horsemen concerned given sensitive testing methods and regulations that don't make provisions for environmental contamination.
Most Popular Stories
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- Keeneland Simulcast Operations to Red Mile
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Powers, Billy Kelly Selected for Hall of Fame
- Goo Goo Dolls to Perform Belmont Weekend
- 1995 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Williamson Joins American Horse Council Staff
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Inglis Reports Productive Four-Day Auction
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77