The Illinois Racing Board agreed July 26 to require race tracks to include "field size bonus" money in the base purse amount used to calculate owners' and breeders' awards.
Trainer Patrick Biancone has been ordered by Kentucky racing stewards to serve a 15-day suspension after a horse under his care tested positive for prohibited drugs. Biancone remains under investigation following a search of his barns earlier this year.
Research shows small amounts of stimulants and therapeutic drugs can be detected in stalls and other locations on the backstretch, and that has horsemen concerned given sensitive testing methods and regulations that don't make provisions for environmental contamination.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules
- The Week in Photos for 7/29/2014
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- WGOH: Patience Is Shah's Virtue
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern