The Illinois Racing Board agreed July 26 to require race tracks to include "field size bonus" money in the base purse amount used to calculate owners' and breeders' awards.
Trainer Patrick Biancone has been ordered by Kentucky racing stewards to serve a 15-day suspension after a horse under his care tested positive for prohibited drugs. Biancone remains under investigation following a search of his barns earlier this year.
- By Tom LaMarra
Research shows small amounts of stimulants and therapeutic drugs can be detected in stalls and other locations on the backstretch, and that has horsemen concerned given sensitive testing methods and regulations that don't make provisions for environmental contamination.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective