The Illinois Racing Board agreed July 26 to require race tracks to include "field size bonus" money in the base purse amount used to calculate owners' and breeders' awards.
Trainer Patrick Biancone has been ordered by Kentucky racing stewards to serve a 15-day suspension after a horse under his care tested positive for prohibited drugs. Biancone remains under investigation following a search of his barns earlier this year.
Research shows small amounts of stimulants and therapeutic drugs can be detected in stalls and other locations on the backstretch, and that has horsemen concerned given sensitive testing methods and regulations that don't make provisions for environmental contamination.
Most Popular Stories
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing