The Illinois Racing Board agreed July 26 to require race tracks to include "field size bonus" money in the base purse amount used to calculate owners' and breeders' awards.
Trainer Patrick Biancone has been ordered by Kentucky racing stewards to serve a 15-day suspension after a horse under his care tested positive for prohibited drugs. Biancone remains under investigation following a search of his barns earlier this year.
- By Tom LaMarra
Research shows small amounts of stimulants and therapeutic drugs can be detected in stalls and other locations on the backstretch, and that has horsemen concerned given sensitive testing methods and regulations that don't make provisions for environmental contamination.
Most Popular Stories
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt