The Illinois Racing Board agreed July 26 to require race tracks to include "field size bonus" money in the base purse amount used to calculate owners' and breeders' awards.
Trainer Patrick Biancone has been ordered by Kentucky racing stewards to serve a 15-day suspension after a horse under his care tested positive for prohibited drugs. Biancone remains under investigation following a search of his barns earlier this year.
Research shows small amounts of stimulants and therapeutic drugs can be detected in stalls and other locations on the backstretch, and that has horsemen concerned given sensitive testing methods and regulations that don't make provisions for environmental contamination.
Most Popular Stories
- Cigar Mile Stakes Card Fields Taking Shape
- Ben's Cat Faces Tough Task in Fabulous Strike
- Wild Again Still Impacting the Breeders' Cup
- Indiana Reports Multiple Medication Sanctions
- New Jersey to Press On for Sports Betting
- Suffolk Eyes Simulcast License for Next Year
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates
- Broadcaster Edwards to Emcee Eclipse Awards
- Goffs Registers Record-Breaking Foal Sale