The Illinois Racing Board agreed July 26 to require race tracks to include "field size bonus" money in the base purse amount used to calculate owners' and breeders' awards.
Trainer Patrick Biancone has been ordered by Kentucky racing stewards to serve a 15-day suspension after a horse under his care tested positive for prohibited drugs. Biancone remains under investigation following a search of his barns earlier this year.
- By Tom LaMarra
Research shows small amounts of stimulants and therapeutic drugs can be detected in stalls and other locations on the backstretch, and that has horsemen concerned given sensitive testing methods and regulations that don't make provisions for environmental contamination.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Industry Asks for H-2B Visa Program Support
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Ward Joins Water, Hay, and Oats Alliance
- BH 100: Commemorates
- ADW Company AmWest Joins NTRA
- Laoban Works Toward Return