Santa Margarita, Azeri, Rebel, Inside Information, George Ryder, Golden Slipper, Ambitious Dragon Handicap, Waterfall Bay Handicap, Hanshin Daishoten, Hong Kong Derby, Essex Handicap, Irish O'Brien, Caesar's Wish, Private Terms, and more.
Recalling the determined life of Maryland trainer Richard 'Dickie' Small. Read Feature
Maryland native Richard “Dickie” Small lived life to the fullest and remained sharp as ever until his death on April 4, 2014 – with an uncanny eye for talented runners and a storyteller’s gift for weaving together the threads of his fantastic past.
Richard "Dickie" Small, who trained 1994 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Concern, top 1980s handicap star Broad Brush, and many other stakes winners, died April 4 at his home in Monkton, Md.
He Loves Me tracked undefeated Plata to the top of the lane before muscling her way to the lead and going on to victory in the $75,000 Caesar's Wish Stakes for 3-year-old Maryland-bred fillies at Pimlico Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen