Santa Margarita, Azeri, Rebel, Inside Information, George Ryder, Golden Slipper, Ambitious Dragon Handicap, Waterfall Bay Handicap, Hanshin Daishoten, Hong Kong Derby, Essex Handicap, Irish O'Brien, Caesar's Wish, Private Terms, and more.
Recalling the determined life of Maryland trainer Richard 'Dickie' Small. Read Feature
Maryland native Richard “Dickie” Small lived life to the fullest and remained sharp as ever until his death on April 4, 2014 – with an uncanny eye for talented runners and a storyteller’s gift for weaving together the threads of his fantastic past.
Richard "Dickie" Small, who trained 1994 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Concern, top 1980s handicap star Broad Brush, and many other stakes winners, died April 4 at his home in Monkton, Md.
He Loves Me tracked undefeated Plata to the top of the lane before muscling her way to the lead and going on to victory in the $75,000 Caesar's Wish Stakes for 3-year-old Maryland-bred fillies at Pimlico Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks