Recalling the determined life of Maryland trainer Richard 'Dickie' Small. Read Feature
Richard "Dickie" Small, who trained 1994 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Concern, top 1980s handicap star Broad Brush, and many other stakes winners, died April 4 at his home in Monkton, Md.
He Loves Me tracked undefeated Plata to the top of the lane before muscling her way to the lead and going on to victory in the $75,000 Caesar's Wish Stakes for 3-year-old Maryland-bred fillies at Pimlico Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- New England Horsemen Submit Dates Application
- Better Lucky Seeks to Repeat in First Lady
- Classy Yanks vs. Euro Invaders in Hill Prince
- Hashtag Bourbon Tough in Breeders' Futurity
- Atreides Gets Distance Test in Indiana Derby
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- RRP Thoroughbred Makeover
- Marchman Returns From Short Rest in Woodford