Santa Margarita, Azeri, Rebel, Inside Information, George Ryder, Golden Slipper, Ambitious Dragon Handicap, Waterfall Bay Handicap, Hanshin Daishoten, Hong Kong Derby, Essex Handicap, Irish O'Brien, Caesar's Wish, Private Terms, and more.
Recalling the determined life of Maryland trainer Richard 'Dickie' Small. Read Feature
Maryland native Richard “Dickie” Small lived life to the fullest and remained sharp as ever until his death on April 4, 2014 – with an uncanny eye for talented runners and a storyteller’s gift for weaving together the threads of his fantastic past.
Richard "Dickie" Small, who trained 1994 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Concern, top 1980s handicap star Broad Brush, and many other stakes winners, died April 4 at his home in Monkton, Md.
He Loves Me tracked undefeated Plata to the top of the lane before muscling her way to the lead and going on to victory in the $75,000 Caesar's Wish Stakes for 3-year-old Maryland-bred fillies at Pimlico Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes