Dr. C. Lynwood O'Cain, his wife, Suzie, and partner, Rick Burke will open their new stallion complex, Saratoga Stud near Saratoga Springs, N.Y., to visitors Jan. 25-26, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The new stallion complex near Saratoga Race Course will be run by Dr. C. Lynwood and Suzie O'Cain, who formerly ran Highcliff Stallions.
Highcliff Stallions in New York has moved its six stallions to McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds for the 2013 season.
Carl Lizza, one of the leading owners on the New York Racing Association circuit for many years, died early in the morning July 8 at his home in Rockaway, N.J. He was 73.
Citing "overwhelming demand from New York breeders," Ramsey Farm-owned Catienus will stand again in the Empire State for the 2006 breeding season. The son of Storm Cat out of Diamond City (by Mr. Prospector) will stand at Highcliff Farm for $6,500 live foal.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente