Greg de Gannes, an equine veterinarian who parlayed his knowledge of horses into a career as a successful trainer, died Feb. 23 in Boynton Beach, Fla. He was 50.
A wide-open field of 12, led by lukewarm morning-line favorite Laragh, was drawn for the inaugural $1-million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf at Santa Anita Park.
HRTV's weekly series analyzing each division of the Breeders' Cup. This week's episode looks at the pre-entries.
With the undefeated English star 2-year-old filly Rainbow View skipping the Breeders' Cup, the inaugural running of the $1-million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf figures to be a wide-open affair
C Karma seized the lead in the final furlong and held off the late surging 45-1 shot Freyga by a neck to capture the $157,853 Natalma Stakes (Can-III) on a soft Woodbine turf course Sept. 14.
Lady Shakespeare, a full sibling to multiple grade I winner Shakespeare, is the most intriguing of the 11 2-year-old fillies entered for the $150,00 Natalma Stakes (Can-III) over the Woodbine turf course Sept. 14. The Natalma is the first "Win and You're In" Breeders' Cup Challenge series race for the inaugural running of the $1 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf at Santa Anita Park Oct. 24.
Favored Juliet's Spirit, a 2-year-old bay daughter of Exchange Rate, is now three for three, after capturing the $142,795 Ontario Debutante Stakes by a head at Woodbine Aug. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute
- Ramseys, Brown, Castellano Top Penn Standings
- Slideshow: Kelso: 5 Time HOY 50th Anniversary
- Slideshow: Progeny of Lemon Drop Kid
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Lemon Drop Kid and Bill Farish
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Goldencents to Remain in California