Graded stakes winner Soaring Empire, a son of successful sire Empire Maker, has been retired from racing.
Hilda's Passion, winner of the Aug. 27 Ballerina Stakes (gr. I), will be offered as a racing or broodmare prospect during the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November select mixed sale even though she has suffered an injury
Favored Hilda's Passion took the race right to her five rivals in winning Gulfstream Park's $150,000 Hurricane Bertie Stakes (gr. III), leading at every call en route to a 2 1/2-length triumph Feb. 13.
Soaring Empire got his 2011 campaign off to a nice start when he turned back even-money favorite Morning Line and held off multiple graded-stakes winner Rule in the Hal's Hope Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 8 at Gulfstream Park.
Graded stakes winner Buffalo Man has been sold to stand at Totara Park Stud near Whangarei, New Zealand.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Klosterman’s Legacy Continues at Fasig-Tipton
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Trainer Baird Reaches Win 2,000
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm