By far the longest shot on the board June 5 in the $200,000 Connaught Cup (Can-IIT), Riverside Bloodstock's Dimension provided the stunner of the day at Woodbine.
Stacked Deck and Passion for Action will renew their intriguing and relatively new rivalry June 5 in the $200,000 Connaught Cup (Can-IIT), but the race provides a different aspect.
Coming off a disappointing 10th-place finish in the TwinSpires Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT), Bruce Lunsford's homebred Stacked Deck was back in his sweet spot Nov. 22, on the Woodbine synthetic main track.
To defend his title as Canada's outstanding sprinter, Stephen Chesney and Cory Hoffman's Calgary Cat will need a strong performance in the $200,000 Kennedy Road Stakes (Can-II) Nov. 22 at Woodbine.
DARRS Inc.'s Bye Bye Bernie may have given an indication of what was coming when he just missed, by a neck, in the Kentucky Downs Turf Dash Stakes Sept. 14 at odds of 55-1.
Jockey Albin Jimenez guided WinStar Farm's General Election past a melee at the start and avoided trouble in the stretch to bring the colt home a 13-1 winner in the $75,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes at Turfway Park.
The $75,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes at Turfway Park March 2 attracted a full field of 3-year-olds loaded with possibilities even if there are a few that figure to draw heavy action.
Sherri Greenhill's Mac the Man and TK Stables' Allanah won the featured 3-year-olds stakes at Turfway Park Feb. 2 to give leading jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr. a riding double in the co-features.
Mac the Man gave trainer Jeff Greenhill his first stakes win in Kentucky Jan. 5, taking the $50,000 Turfway Prevue at Turfway Park by an easy four lengths over Smokinindaboysroom.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double