The New Hampshire House of Representatives will take up expanded gambling when a full vote on HB593 comes to the floor Feb. 8 and passage could bring the return of live Thoroughbred racing one step closer.
In a move needed to get the final version of an expanded gambling bill to the desk of the governor before its winter break, the Massachusetts legislature approved a bill that cuts revenue to horse racing.
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick has signed into law the bill passed by both houses of the legislature to extend simulcasting in the state.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- The Star of the BC Classic: Lucky Spell?
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC