Cirrus des Aigles, likely favorite for the Dec. 9 Longines Hong Kong Cup (HK-I), has been withdrawn from the race at Sha Tin Racecourse due to a tendon issue.
The Dec. 6 barrier draw provided a little added intrigue for the Longines Hong Kong International races, particularly in the $2.8 million Longines Hong Kong Cup (HK-I), where top-rated Cirrus des Aigles drew well.
A below-strength Illinois Racing Board, after a grueling day of testimony and deliberation, required two voice votes Sept. 25 to approve a hotly contested schedule for 2013 live racing.
The decision to revise the qualifying process for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) was a track decision and was not submitted to the Churchill Downs, Inc. board for approval, president Kevin Flanery said.
In theory, Illinois horse racing should be on the verge of receiving tens of millions of dollars in revenue enhancements after a recent flurry of action by state and federal courts, the state legislature and Gov. Pat Quinn.
Arlington Park and Illinois horsemen have agreed to tie individual race purses to field size this year in an effort to ensure more bettable races.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward
- Peace and War Returns for Ashland
- Korean Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in Accident
- Stopchargingmaria Makes 2015 Debut in Madison
- Roberta 'Bobbie' Croll Dies at Age 94
- Ashland Stakes: Olly Stevens on Peace and War
- Churchill Names New Track Superintendent