Cirrus des Aigles, likely favorite for the Dec. 9 Longines Hong Kong Cup (HK-I), has been withdrawn from the race at Sha Tin Racecourse due to a tendon issue.
The Dec. 6 barrier draw provided a little added intrigue for the Longines Hong Kong International races, particularly in the $2.8 million Longines Hong Kong Cup (HK-I), where top-rated Cirrus des Aigles drew well.
A below-strength Illinois Racing Board, after a grueling day of testimony and deliberation, required two voice votes Sept. 25 to approve a hotly contested schedule for 2013 live racing.
The decision to revise the qualifying process for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) was a track decision and was not submitted to the Churchill Downs, Inc. board for approval, president Kevin Flanery said.
In theory, Illinois horse racing should be on the verge of receiving tens of millions of dollars in revenue enhancements after a recent flurry of action by state and federal courts, the state legislature and Gov. Pat Quinn.
Arlington Park and Illinois horsemen have agreed to tie individual race purses to field size this year in an effort to ensure more bettable races.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome