Keeneland milestone trophy program, which honors the track's most successful owners, has added a gold vase.
Thoroughbred trainer Anthony Basile of Lexington, Ky., passed away on Jan. 22 at 82 while wintering in Hallandale, Fla. Basile, who trained for nearly 20 years, primarily for the late Millard A. Waldheim's Bwamazon Farm, campaigned stakes winners Coraggioso, T.V. Commercial and It's Freezing, among others.
Claiborne Farm notched an historic victory at Keeneland on Friday when the 3-year-old A.P. Indy filly Yell charged from off the pace under Pat Day to win the Raven Run Stakes (gr. III) by 2 1/2 lengths.
Pensioned broodmare Quarrel, whose first five foals were either stakes winners or stakes-placed, succumbed March 6 to the effects of old age.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Firing Line to Crestwood