George and Lori Hall's Vegas No Show will attempt to notch his third straight stakes victory when he faces seven others in the Nov. 2 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Orb appears to be well in spite of his last-place finish in the Jockey Club Gold Cup Invitational (gr. I), an assistant to trainer Shug McGaughey reported.
Late-running Gone Astray blasted home to win the $245,000 Salvator Mile Stakes (gr. III) over four rivals at odds of 7-1 July 3 at Monmouth Park.
A quick look at her pedigree suggests that Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's Yell should be able to run and thrive at racing's most demanding distances. However, it is the 3-year-old filly's success around one turn that has made her the morning-line favorite for Saturday's 18th running of the $200,000 Churchill Downs Distaff (gr. II).
<b>Saratoga Notebook: </b>Freedom's Daughter to Skip Adirondack; Saarland Working; Texas Glitter Eyes Vanderbilt; Labamta Babe Gears for King Bishop
Schuylerville winner Freedom's Daughter will pass the $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) on August 12 and will instead make her next start in the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) on August 30, trainer Todd Pletcher said Thursday.
Trainer Shug McGaughey, recovering from bypass surgery, records fifth career Molly Pitcher score with Atelier.
Edward P. Evans' Raging Fever heads a field of seven fillies and mares in Saturday's Bed o' Roses Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Aqueduct. The fleet-footed filly from the barn of trainer Mark Hennig comes into the mile event off of a powerful, front-running score in the Distaff Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at seven furlongs over the Aqueduct strip.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Guys Reward Finds Path to Oceanport Tally
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker
- Ageless Equals Course Record in Royal North
- Majestic River Rolls to Molly Pitcher Win