George and Lori Hall's Vegas No Show will attempt to notch his third straight stakes victory when he faces seven others in the Nov. 2 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Orb appears to be well in spite of his last-place finish in the Jockey Club Gold Cup Invitational (gr. I), an assistant to trainer Shug McGaughey reported.
Late-running Gone Astray blasted home to win the $245,000 Salvator Mile Stakes (gr. III) over four rivals at odds of 7-1 July 3 at Monmouth Park.
A quick look at her pedigree suggests that Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's Yell should be able to run and thrive at racing's most demanding distances. However, it is the 3-year-old filly's success around one turn that has made her the morning-line favorite for Saturday's 18th running of the $200,000 Churchill Downs Distaff (gr. II).
<b>Saratoga Notebook: </b>Freedom's Daughter to Skip Adirondack; Saarland Working; Texas Glitter Eyes Vanderbilt; Labamta Babe Gears for King Bishop
Schuylerville winner Freedom's Daughter will pass the $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) on August 12 and will instead make her next start in the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) on August 30, trainer Todd Pletcher said Thursday.
Trainer Shug McGaughey, recovering from bypass surgery, records fifth career Molly Pitcher score with Atelier.
Edward P. Evans' Raging Fever heads a field of seven fillies and mares in Saturday's Bed o' Roses Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Aqueduct. The fleet-footed filly from the barn of trainer Mark Hennig comes into the mile event off of a powerful, front-running score in the Distaff Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at seven furlongs over the Aqueduct strip.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback
- U.A.E. to Supply Horses for Chinese Race Day