Claire Novak brings us the Keeneland September Yearling Sale session 1 numbers. Listen to Geoffrey Russell and Bob Elliston share thoughts on how session 1 finished and their projections for the rest of the sale. Sponsored by Taylor Made Sales
With the year's first major yearling sales in the book and the marathon September sale at Keeneland on the horizon, buyers will be working on where to take the next steps with their purchases. Download Now
European spending on U.S. yearlings is at its lowest since 1981. read blog
Juveniles that breezed under 10 seconds represented only 1.1% of all 2-year-olds sold, but they easily commanded the highest average sales price. read blog
As part of its educational mission, the Consignors and Commercial Breeders Association will hold its first symposium at Keeneland Feb. 4.
Esther Marr reflects on the many types of buyers present at today's sale. She gives today's numbers, sale topper details, and compares this year to last year. Boyd Browning also comments on the sale. watch video
Esther Marr talks about 5 horses who sold for over a million dollars and recaps the select session of the Keeneland September Sale. watch video
Curtain rises on Fasig-Tipton Yearling Sales. Read Blog
With the values for stallions falling, yearling buyers won't be rewarded nearly as much as they were in the past when a purchase develops into a major runner. Read Blog
Buyers should get veterinarians to look at the reports in the repository instead of just asking consignors to see the information in the reports.
The market for quality stock was pretty solid, according to buyers and consignors participating in the first week of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- OBS April First Session Soars