Dogwood Stable's unbeaten Limehouse overcame a troubled trip in Sunday's $162,750 Bashford Manor (gr. III) to win by a widening 4 1/2 lengths in a roughly run closing day feature for 2-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
Winchell Thoroughbred's unbeaten Cuvee, a dominating winner of the Kentucky Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Churchill Downs, is the headliner in a battle of so far perfect 2-year-olds converging on Churchill Downs for $125,000-added Bashford Manor Stakes (gr. III).
Cuvee, a romping winner in the Kentucky Breeders' Cup (gr. III), looms as a heavy favorite in Sunday's 102nd running of the six-furlong race for 2-year-olds - but he will be challenged by some new faces.
Baker, Cornstein and Mack's Proud Citizen, a disappointing eighth in the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I), turned in a sparkling five-furlong breeze Sunday in his first major training move since that race.
Champions Silver Charm and Bianconi were represented by their first winners June 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD