Montana-based Magic City Thoroughbreds cashed in a Golden Ticket of its own Aug. 25 when its colt of that name dead-heated with favored Alpha for the historic Travers Stakes.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association says it needs more organizational strength and power in order to foster industry growth, and it has mapped out a plan of attack through at least 2005.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association board of directors will review a revised business plan that extends through 2005, and also consider a plan to rebrand and reposition the Breeders' Cup championship, during its meeting Friday morning at Arlington Park in Illinois.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts