Golden Ticket and Alpha, dead-heat winners of the 2012 Travers Stakes (gr. I), met up again in the Left Bank Stakes on opening day of the Belmont Park fall meet Sept. 5, but this time Golden Ticket was the clear victor.
Montana-based Magic City Thoroughbreds cashed in a Golden Ticket of its own Aug. 25 when its colt of that name dead-heated with favored Alpha for the historic Travers Stakes.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association says it needs more organizational strength and power in order to foster industry growth, and it has mapped out a plan of attack through at least 2005.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association board of directors will review a revised business plan that extends through 2005, and also consider a plan to rebrand and reposition the Breeders' Cup championship, during its meeting Friday morning at Arlington Park in Illinois.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Top Jockey in World's Top Races to be Honored
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Is Low-Dose Omeprazole Effective for Treating Ulcers?
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby