Golden Ticket and Alpha, dead-heat winners of the 2012 Travers Stakes (gr. I), met up again in the Left Bank Stakes on opening day of the Belmont Park fall meet Sept. 5, but this time Golden Ticket was the clear victor.
Montana-based Magic City Thoroughbreds cashed in a Golden Ticket of its own Aug. 25 when its colt of that name dead-heated with favored Alpha for the historic Travers Stakes.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association says it needs more organizational strength and power in order to foster industry growth, and it has mapped out a plan of attack through at least 2005.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association board of directors will review a revised business plan that extends through 2005, and also consider a plan to rebrand and reposition the Breeders' Cup championship, during its meeting Friday morning at Arlington Park in Illinois.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Kentucky Derby: Firing Line to Preakness
- Kentucky Derby: Carrots for American Pharoah
- International Star Scratched from the Derby
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Zayat Compliments Churchill on Treatment
- Lovely Maria Easily Captures Kentucky Oaks
- El Kabeir Scratched From Kentucky Derby
- Finnegans Wake Flies Home, Takes Turf Classic