Montana-based Magic City Thoroughbreds cashed in a Golden Ticket of its own Aug. 25 when its colt of that name dead-heated with favored Alpha for the historic Travers Stakes.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association says it needs more organizational strength and power in order to foster industry growth, and it has mapped out a plan of attack through at least 2005.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association board of directors will review a revised business plan that extends through 2005, and also consider a plan to rebrand and reposition the Breeders' Cup championship, during its meeting Friday morning at Arlington Park in Illinois.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Broodmare of the Year Take Charge Lady
- European Mark Smashed Again at Tattersalls
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Take Charge Lady is KY Broodmare of the Year
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Wicked Strong Puts in Solid Breeze at Belmont
- That Handicapping Show: Illinois Derby
- Slideshow: Take Charge Lady