Clean legs? Check. Healthy heart? Check. Strong back? Check. But before you sign the papers for your new horse, don't forget to have your veterinarian look the horse in the eye.
From the start of his career to the end, an upper-level equine athlete is constantly exposed to stressors that could negatively impact his health, including strenuous exercise and long-distance travel. But starting even before you purchase your next sport horse, there are steps you can start taking to ensure he has a long and healthy career.
Most Popular Stories
- Work All Week, Alsvid Meet Again in Smile
- Merry Meadow Returns in Princess Rooney
- PDJF Day Across America Scheduled for Aug. 1
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive