Clean legs? Check. Healthy heart? Check. Strong back? Check. But before you sign the papers for your new horse, don't forget to have your veterinarian look the horse in the eye.
From the start of his career to the end, an upper-level equine athlete is constantly exposed to stressors that could negatively impact his health, including strenuous exercise and long-distance travel. But starting even before you purchase your next sport horse, there are steps you can start taking to ensure he has a long and healthy career.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Busy Day of Breeders' Cup Works Oct. 25
- Speed Horses Hold Key to BC Classic
- Ouzts Takes Santa Anita Off 'Bucket List'
- Grand Arch 'Ready to Go' for BC Mile
- Fed Biz in Quick Work for BC Dirt Mile
- Breeders' Cup Modifies Convicted Trainer Rule
- BC 2014: Alan Sherman: California Chrome Work
- Rich Tapestry, Big Macher in Sprint Works
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort