Clean legs? Check. Healthy heart? Check. Strong back? Check. But before you sign the papers for your new horse, don't forget to have your veterinarian look the horse in the eye.
From the start of his career to the end, an upper-level equine athlete is constantly exposed to stressors that could negatively impact his health, including strenuous exercise and long-distance travel. But starting even before you purchase your next sport horse, there are steps you can start taking to ensure he has a long and healthy career.
Most Popular Stories
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- Britain's New Steroid Policy Change Delayed
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Slideshow: Top 10 Races of 2014
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle