Clean legs? Check. Healthy heart? Check. Strong back? Check. But before you sign the papers for your new horse, don't forget to have your veterinarian look the horse in the eye.
From the start of his career to the end, an upper-level equine athlete is constantly exposed to stressors that could negatively impact his health, including strenuous exercise and long-distance travel. But starting even before you purchase your next sport horse, there are steps you can start taking to ensure he has a long and healthy career.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Heerman Shaped Today's Thoroughbred Sales
- Empire Dreams Stretches Out in New York Derby
- Blue Horse Charities Merging Efforts with TAA
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Delaware Park, Horsemen Extend Contract
- That Handicapping Show: Delaware Handicap
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars