Clean legs? Check. Healthy heart? Check. Strong back? Check. But before you sign the papers for your new horse, don't forget to have your veterinarian look the horse in the eye.
From the start of his career to the end, an upper-level equine athlete is constantly exposed to stressors that could negatively impact his health, including strenuous exercise and long-distance travel. But starting even before you purchase your next sport horse, there are steps you can start taking to ensure he has a long and healthy career.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown