Clean legs? Check. Healthy heart? Check. Strong back? Check. But before you sign the papers for your new horse, don't forget to have your veterinarian look the horse in the eye.
From the start of his career to the end, an upper-level equine athlete is constantly exposed to stressors that could negatively impact his health, including strenuous exercise and long-distance travel. But starting even before you purchase your next sport horse, there are steps you can start taking to ensure he has a long and healthy career.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Hong Kong Stars to Battle on Sunday at Sha Tin
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- Maker Quartet Headlines Fair Grounds 'Cap