Clean legs? Check. Healthy heart? Check. Strong back? Check. But before you sign the papers for your new horse, don't forget to have your veterinarian look the horse in the eye.
From the start of his career to the end, an upper-level equine athlete is constantly exposed to stressors that could negatively impact his health, including strenuous exercise and long-distance travel. But starting even before you purchase your next sport horse, there are steps you can start taking to ensure he has a long and healthy career.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage