Clean legs? Check. Healthy heart? Check. Strong back? Check. But before you sign the papers for your new horse, don't forget to have your veterinarian look the horse in the eye.
From the start of his career to the end, an upper-level equine athlete is constantly exposed to stressors that could negatively impact his health, including strenuous exercise and long-distance travel. But starting even before you purchase your next sport horse, there are steps you can start taking to ensure he has a long and healthy career.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Roca Rojo Closes for Athenia Victory
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch
- Curalina, Syndergaard Breeze at Belmont
- Elektrum Surges at Wire to Win Dowager
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill