Herringswell Stables announced June 28 that five-time grade 1 winner Better Talk Now was euthanized late June 27 at New Bolton Center due to complications from colic surgery. The dark bay gelded son of Talkin Man was 18.
Better Talk Now, winner of the 2004 John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), has been retired from racing due to an injury sustained in the suspensory ligament of his left hind leg.
In the fall of 2005, Shake the Bank, his name stitched across the front of Breeders' Cup hats, was best known as the rabbit for 2004 John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) winner Better Talk Now.
Better Talk Now, who will make his fourth appearance Satuday in the John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), hasn't lost his competitive edge.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt