Locally based Lindsay Jean took the lead from pacesetter Neon Queen entering the stretch and then held off Southern California invaders Bush Triumph and Crazy Ensign to win the $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIT) by 1 1/2 length Saturday at Golden Gate Fields.
A well-matched field of nine fillies and mares will meet on the turf Saturday in the $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Golden Gate Fields.
Laffit Pincay Jr., the world's winningest rider at 55, recorded his second straight riding triple at Hollywood Park on Thursday when guiding favored Adalgisa to victory in the featured $49,882 allowance/claiming event for fillies and mares at one-mile on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 3
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries
- Romansh Tries One Turn in Bold Ruler