Locally based Lindsay Jean took the lead from pacesetter Neon Queen entering the stretch and then held off Southern California invaders Bush Triumph and Crazy Ensign to win the $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIT) by 1 1/2 length Saturday at Golden Gate Fields.
A well-matched field of nine fillies and mares will meet on the turf Saturday in the $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Golden Gate Fields.
Laffit Pincay Jr., the world's winningest rider at 55, recorded his second straight riding triple at Hollywood Park on Thursday when guiding favored Adalgisa to victory in the featured $49,882 allowance/claiming event for fillies and mares at one-mile on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field