Ft. Lauderdale, La Canada, Hal's Hope, Marshua's River, Megahertz, Toboggan, Busanda, Smarty Jones, Pippin, Fifth Season, Choi Wan Handicap, Kai Yip Handicap, Long Valley Handicap, Beas River Handicap, Pearce Memorial Challenge Cup, and more.
Busanda is remembered as the dam of 1966 Horse of the Year Buckpasser, a four-time champion broodmare sire whose name is a familiar presence in pedigrees.
Buckpasser is one of the most revered names in American racing and breeding. Besides being a beloved racehorse, his influence on the breed has been enormous.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Silver Charm has not been as dazzling a sire as he was a racehorse. Still, the son of Silver Buck is proving he can produce top-notch runners, such as Rampart Handicap (gr. II) winner Spring Waltz. The 4-year-old filly is apparently drawing her racing prowess from the same genetic well as her sire -- inbreeding to the great mare La Troienne.
Amazing Buy made owner Ernie Paragallo look good Sunday when she won the $80,550 Busanda Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Aqueduct in her first race against winners and over a route of ground.
Fond leads a field of 11 in Sunday's $75,000 Busanda Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Aqueduct at one mile and 70 yards.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Churchill Considers Historic Gaming Machines
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill