Busanda is remembered as the dam of 1966 Horse of the Year Buckpasser, a four-time champion broodmare sire whose name is a familiar presence in pedigrees.
Buckpasser is one of the most revered names in American racing and breeding. Besides being a beloved racehorse, his influence on the breed has been enormous.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Silver Charm has not been as dazzling a sire as he was a racehorse. Still, the son of Silver Buck is proving he can produce top-notch runners, such as Rampart Handicap (gr. II) winner Spring Waltz. The 4-year-old filly is apparently drawing her racing prowess from the same genetic well as her sire -- inbreeding to the great mare La Troienne.
Amazing Buy made owner Ernie Paragallo look good Sunday when she won the $80,550 Busanda Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Aqueduct in her first race against winners and over a route of ground.
Fond leads a field of 11 in Sunday's $75,000 Busanda Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Aqueduct at one mile and 70 yards.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud