Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus left the impression that he enjoys cool Kentucky mornings in a brisk gallop Wednesday at Churchill Downs.
Using an impressive burst of speed on the second turn, Arabian Light rallied from far back to win the Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. II) by three lengths Sunday at Keeneland.
Racing and breeding news briefs and information.
After drifting out in the stretch and bumping Burning Roma near the wire, City Zip finished the one-mile of the Futurity a nose ahead of Burning Roma but was disqualified and placed second by the stewards for causing the contact. Burning Roma was moved up to first, keeping the Anthony Dutrow trainee undefeated in three starts.
Most Popular Stories
- Live Racing, Simulcasts Resume in Texas
- South African Champion Wild One Dies
- T.I.P. Awards Applications Being Accepted
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile