Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus left the impression that he enjoys cool Kentucky mornings in a brisk gallop Wednesday at Churchill Downs.
Using an impressive burst of speed on the second turn, Arabian Light rallied from far back to win the Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. II) by three lengths Sunday at Keeneland.
Racing and breeding news briefs and information.
After drifting out in the stretch and bumping Burning Roma near the wire, City Zip finished the one-mile of the Futurity a nose ahead of Burning Roma but was disqualified and placed second by the stewards for causing the contact. Burning Roma was moved up to first, keeping the Anthony Dutrow trainee undefeated in three starts.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet