Godolphin Racing's Snowbell led from the start and drew off through the stretch for an authoritative win in the $400,000 Comely Stakes (gr. III) Nov. 29 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
A federal bankruptcy judge has signed an order to convert the Chapter 11 business reorganization of ClassicStar LLC to Chapter 7 liquidation, paving the way for creditors to pursue whatever assets they can find linked to the former broodmare-lease operator.
California shipper Maryfield certainly shines in New York. Returning to the Empire State for the first time since she captured Aqueduct's Distaff Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for trainer Doug O'Neill in March, the late-charging 6-year-old mare won a desperate head bob at odds of 16-1 to nose an unlucky Baroness Thatcher at the wire of the $250,000 Ballerina Breeders' Cup (gr. I) at Saratoga Aug. 26.
Undefeated Burmilla steps into grade I company sporting the blue colors of Godolphin Racing for the first time in her career Aug. 26, when she heads to the post for the $250,000 Ballerina Breeders' Cup for fillies and mares at Saratoga.
Burmilla spotted class and experience to her four rivals, but the lightly-raced 4-year-old daughter of Storm Cat was anything but intimidated as she pulled away down the stretch for a nearly three-length upset victory in the $150,000 Honorable Miss Handicap (gr. II) at Saratoga Aug. 3.
Miss Macy Sue has won four stakes in a row, each of them in convincing fashion. Now, the 4-year-old filly looks to handle a short field of five for her biggest payday yet in the six-furlong, $150,000 Honorable Miss Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Saratoga Aug. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Take Charge Brandi Not Entered in Honeybee
- Changes Possible on Federal Tax Withholdings
- Handle on U.S. Races Down 3.66% in February
- Fair Grounds Preps a Tale of Two Sexes
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Rock Diva Dances to Auckland Cup Victory
- Wise Dan Back Under Tack March 4, 2015
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir Be 'The Boss'