Even though the Keeneland September yearling sale is nearing its end, it still has plenty of momentum.
Zensational, whose $25,000 fee is the highest for a new stallion this year, has had his first mare confirmed in foal.
The first foal by two-time Horse of the Year Curlin has died less than a month after she was born, it was confirmed Feb. 9.
Two-time Horse of the Year Curlin was represented by his first foal when a filly was born Jan. 12 at Burleson Farms near Midway, Ky.
$11.7-million Kingmambo colt carries Godolphin colors to victory at Newmarket
A Jump Start colt was euthanized Monday after fracturing a tibia during the under tack show for the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training in Central Kentucky.
A bay son from the only crop sired by grade I winner Booklet brought the top price of $500,000 Tuesday at the Keeneland September yearling auction in Lexington. John Brocklebank, agent, purchased the colt from Vinery.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- Kingman Wins Sussex with Dazzling Late Speed