Keeneland September's 12th day saw losses, but the sale overall remains on track to beat last year's average and median.
- By Ron Mitchell
Lyn Burleson discusses the $1.6 million yearling sold at the Keeneland September Yearling Sale. watch video
Lyn Burleson discusses the $1.6 million yearling sold at the Keeneland September Yearling Sale. Burleson says 'always been one of the nicest colts on the farm' and is the sale topper, prior to the start of Day 3 bidding.
Even though the Keeneland September yearling sale is nearing its end, it still has plenty of momentum.
Zensational, whose $25,000 fee is the highest for a new stallion this year, has had his first mare confirmed in foal.
The first foal by two-time Horse of the Year Curlin has died less than a month after she was born, it was confirmed Feb. 9.
Two-time Horse of the Year Curlin was represented by his first foal when a filly was born Jan. 12 at Burleson Farms near Midway, Ky.
$11.7-million Kingmambo colt carries Godolphin colors to victory at Newmarket
A Jump Start colt was euthanized Monday after fracturing a tibia during the under tack show for the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training in Central Kentucky.
A bay son from the only crop sired by grade I winner Booklet brought the top price of $500,000 Tuesday at the Keeneland September yearling auction in Lexington. John Brocklebank, agent, purchased the colt from Vinery.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm