Keeneland September's 12th day saw losses, but the sale overall remains on track to beat last year's average and median.
- By Ron Mitchell
Lyn Burleson discusses the $1.6 million yearling sold at the Keeneland September Yearling Sale. watch video
Even though the Keeneland September yearling sale is nearing its end, it still has plenty of momentum.
Zensational, whose $25,000 fee is the highest for a new stallion this year, has had his first mare confirmed in foal.
The first foal by two-time Horse of the Year Curlin has died less than a month after she was born, it was confirmed Feb. 9.
Two-time Horse of the Year Curlin was represented by his first foal when a filly was born Jan. 12 at Burleson Farms near Midway, Ky.
$11.7-million Kingmambo colt carries Godolphin colors to victory at Newmarket
A Jump Start colt was euthanized Monday after fracturing a tibia during the under tack show for the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training in Central Kentucky.
A bay son from the only crop sired by grade I winner Booklet brought the top price of $500,000 Tuesday at the Keeneland September yearling auction in Lexington. John Brocklebank, agent, purchased the colt from Vinery.
Most Popular Stories
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Field Favored at Close of Derby Wager Pool 3
- Rebel Still Possibilty for Take Charge Brandi
- The Big Beast Sharp in Winning Return
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe
- Daredevil Still Ready for Rescheduled Swale
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- El Kabeir Breezes for Gotham
- French Group I Winner Creator Dies at 29