Burj Nahaar winner Tamarkuz, trained by Musabah Al Muhairiparade, in the parade ring, race start, race finish and interview with winning jockey Paul Hanagan. Courtesy of the Dubai Racing Club
Coverage of the Burj Nahaar run on Super Saturday, March 9, 2013 at Meydan, and won by African Story and jockey Mickael Barzalona . Watch Video
Pat Cummings presents an analysis of racing March 9 at the Dubai World Cup Carnival at Meydan in the United Arab Emirates. The Super Saturday card includes starts by Dullahan and Little Mike, and the group I Jebel Hatta.
African Story took command in mid-stretch and pulled away to easily win the $200,000 Burj Nahaar Sponsored by Emirates Sky Cargo (UAE-III) at Meydan Racecourse March 10.
Musir will try for his fourth consecutive win when he takes on 13 others in the $200,000 Burj Nahaar Sponsored by Emirates Sky Cargo (UAE-III) at Meydan Racecourse March 10.
Heavily favored Mendip got up in the final strides to snatch a narrow victory over Zafeen Speed in the $200,000 Burj Nahaar Sponsored by Emirates Airline (UAE-III) at Meydan Racecourse March 3.
Frankie Dettori and Mendip will look to notch their second straight stakes win when they go to the post in the $200,000 Burj Nahaar Sponsored by Emirates Airline (UAE-III) Mar. 3.
Heavily-favored Asiatic Boy could do no better than third as 16-1 shot Elusive Warning gamely held off stablemate Blackat Blackitten to capture the Burj Nahaar (UAE-III) by a half-length at Nad al Sheba Mar. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start