The stakes-winning filly Burgeis brought Aust$310,000 ($256,525 in U.S. funds) Aug. 13 to top the opening session of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne August mixed sale in Australia. James Bester Bloodstock purchased the 4-year-old daughter of Catbird from Blue Gum Farm.
The AUS$1 million Arrowfield Blue Diamond Stakes (Aus-I) at Caulfield on Feb. 23, the first of three mega juvenile races in Australia over the next four weeks, was taken out by a familar combination in jockey Dwayne Dunn along with trainer David Hayes.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr. Besilu to Texas' Eureka Thoroughbred Farm
- Presque Isle Horsemen Payments Delayed
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- Gutsy Lankan Rupee Makes All in Manikato
- HRRN Plans 17 Hours of Breeders' Cup Coverage
- Don't Tell Sophia, Ria Antonia Drill for BC
- Winery to Sponsor BC Juvenile Fillies
- Migliore Elected to TRF Board of Directors
- Pedigree Analysis: Pivotal Point
- Meadowlands Cancels Friday card