Congrats, second to Rock Hard Ten in last year's $1 million Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I), will try to achieve millionaire status in Saturday's $100,000-added Tokyo City Cup (gr. III) over 1 1/8 miles at Santa Anita.
Wilko, a 4-year-old who has been winless since upsetting Afleet Alex in the 2004 Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), is a surprise entrant in Santa Anita's $250,000 San Antonio Handicap (gr. II) on Sunday after also being named for Saturday's Strub Stakes (gr. II).
Turnbolt will attempt to successfully run farther than he ever has when the son of Deputy Minister starts in Saturday's grade II San Pasqual Handicap at 1 1/16 miles at Santa Anita.
Chilean-bred Trotamondo, making just his second start after 11 months off for trainer Laura de Seroux, bulled his way to the lead in the final stages to win the $100,000 Native Diver Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park Saturday.
McCann's Mojave, a 5-year-old whose first race beyond one mile resulted in a game triumph in last month's $250,000 California Cup Classic, will carry co-high weight of 118 pounds among ten entrants in Saturday's $100,000 Native Diver Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- Initial Win Noted for Louisiana Sire Orthodox
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Gulfstream Begins Apprentice Education Class
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings