Tadahiro Hotehama's homebred T.H. Approval, looking for his first victory since last year's San Juan Capistrano Invitational Handicap (gr. IIT) for trainer Eduardo Inda, is the 117-pound high weight in a field of 13 entered for Sunday's closing day marathon fixture at Santa Anita Park.
King's Drama, winner of the Sword Dancer (gr. IT) at 12 furlongs on turf at Saratoga last August, will carry high weight of 122 pounds in Saturday's San Luis Rey Handicap (gr. IIT) at the same distance over the Santa Anita turf.
Gary Tanaka's Irish-bred Atlando swept past entry mate King's Drama in mid-stretch, then held off the late surge of T.H. Approval to win the San Luis Obispo Handicap (gr. IIT) in stakes record-tying time on the Santa Anita Park lawn Sunday.
Bobby Frankel sends out 122-pound high weight King's Drama in Sunday's San Luis Obispo Handicap (gr. IIT) for older horses at 12 furlongs on the Santa Anita turf.
Trainer John Shirreffs, a man of few words, hopes to let Bullistic do the talking in the $400,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at 1 1/8 miles on Sunday.
Ten Most Wanted, the probable favorite for the $400,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. II) at nine furlongs for 3-year-olds on Sunday, completed his preparation by working four furlongs in :48 3/5 here Wednesday under exercise rider Bruno Delgadillo.
Ten Most Wanted, runner-up in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), worked six furlongs in a bullet 1:11.80 Thursday for trainer Wally Dollase to signal his readiness for a return in the $400,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. Ii) for 3-year-olds at 1 1/8 miles on July 13.
Alex Solis slipped favored Eye Of The Tiger through an opening at the rail at the head of the stretch and went on to a convincing triumph in the $103,096 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work