Arizona-based young stallion Bulldogger picked up his first winner June 14, when Prospector Bull won a maiden claiming race at Hipodromo de las Americas.
If there was any question about who is the top 3-year-old sprinter on the East Coast, Discreetly Mine answered it emphatically Aug. 28 at Saratoga with a wire-to-wire win in the $250,000 NetJet King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I).
D' Funnybone handily defeated Discreetly Mine in the Woody Stephens (gr. II), but the tables could be turned when the two meet again in the $250,000 NetJets King's Bishop (gr. I) Aug. 28 at Saratoga.
The connections of Trappe Shot remain undecided on whether they will enter their colt in the $1 million Travers (gr. I) or $250,000 King's Bishop (gr. I), both on Aug. 28 at Saratoga.
A long wait between races is in store for recent impressive 2-year-old winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Durkin to Lead Personalized Tours of Hall of Fame
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf Berth for Birdie Gold
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26