Arizona-based young stallion Bulldogger picked up his first winner June 14, when Prospector Bull won a maiden claiming race at Hipodromo de las Americas.
If there was any question about who is the top 3-year-old sprinter on the East Coast, Discreetly Mine answered it emphatically Aug. 28 at Saratoga with a wire-to-wire win in the $250,000 NetJet King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I).
D' Funnybone handily defeated Discreetly Mine in the Woody Stephens (gr. II), but the tables could be turned when the two meet again in the $250,000 NetJets King's Bishop (gr. I) Aug. 28 at Saratoga.
The connections of Trappe Shot remain undecided on whether they will enter their colt in the $1 million Travers (gr. I) or $250,000 King's Bishop (gr. I), both on Aug. 28 at Saratoga.
A long wait between races is in store for recent impressive 2-year-old winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Monarchos' Greatness Was Cut Way Too Short