Arizona-based young stallion Bulldogger picked up his first winner June 14, when Prospector Bull won a maiden claiming race at Hipodromo de las Americas.
If there was any question about who is the top 3-year-old sprinter on the East Coast, Discreetly Mine answered it emphatically Aug. 28 at Saratoga with a wire-to-wire win in the $250,000 NetJet King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I).
D' Funnybone handily defeated Discreetly Mine in the Woody Stephens (gr. II), but the tables could be turned when the two meet again in the $250,000 NetJets King's Bishop (gr. I) Aug. 28 at Saratoga.
The connections of Trappe Shot remain undecided on whether they will enter their colt in the $1 million Travers (gr. I) or $250,000 King's Bishop (gr. I), both on Aug. 28 at Saratoga.
A long wait between races is in store for recent impressive 2-year-old winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms
- Strong U.S. Contingent in Golden Shaheen
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale