Arizona-based young stallion Bulldogger picked up his first winner June 14, when Prospector Bull won a maiden claiming race at Hipodromo de las Americas.
If there was any question about who is the top 3-year-old sprinter on the East Coast, Discreetly Mine answered it emphatically Aug. 28 at Saratoga with a wire-to-wire win in the $250,000 NetJet King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I).
D' Funnybone handily defeated Discreetly Mine in the Woody Stephens (gr. II), but the tables could be turned when the two meet again in the $250,000 NetJets King's Bishop (gr. I) Aug. 28 at Saratoga.
The connections of Trappe Shot remain undecided on whether they will enter their colt in the $1 million Travers (gr. I) or $250,000 King's Bishop (gr. I), both on Aug. 28 at Saratoga.
A long wait between races is in store for recent impressive 2-year-old winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Chuck Borell Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- S'Maverlous is Cornhusker Highweight
- TAA Ready to Assist With Abandoned Horses
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup