Arizona-based young stallion Bulldogger picked up his first winner June 14, when Prospector Bull won a maiden claiming race at Hipodromo de las Americas.
If there was any question about who is the top 3-year-old sprinter on the East Coast, Discreetly Mine answered it emphatically Aug. 28 at Saratoga with a wire-to-wire win in the $250,000 NetJet King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I).
D' Funnybone handily defeated Discreetly Mine in the Woody Stephens (gr. II), but the tables could be turned when the two meet again in the $250,000 NetJets King's Bishop (gr. I) Aug. 28 at Saratoga.
The connections of Trappe Shot remain undecided on whether they will enter their colt in the $1 million Travers (gr. I) or $250,000 King's Bishop (gr. I), both on Aug. 28 at Saratoga.
A long wait between races is in store for recent impressive 2-year-old winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby