Attorney Jim Philpott has taken a lot of journeys throughout his life. And though he was casually involved with horses at a young age, he never imagined his career path after law school would eventually revolve around the Thoroughbred world.
Keeneland trustee William T. "Buddy" Bishop III, whose lifelong service to the track also included positions as director, secretary, and counsel, died Thursday at his home.
William T. "Buddy" Bishop III, a Lexington attorney who has been a long-time board member and secretary of Keeneland, has been appointed a Keeneland trustee.
William T. (Buddy) Bishop III, a prominent Lexington attorney who has been a long-time board member and secretary of Keeneland, has been appointed a trustee of the company.
Edward A. (Buddy) Bishop, who has served as The Jockey Club's registrar since 1984, will retire at year's end and will be succeeded by Rick Bailey.
Dr. Jack K. Robbins, instrumental in many aspects of racing and veterinary science in California for a half-century, has been named honor guest of the Thoroughbred Club of America's annual Testimonial Dinner.
By Buddy Bishop -- Maybe it's a sign of the times, a glimpse of what lies ahead. But I certainly hope that isn't the case. In the past few months, several Thoroughbred owners have submitted horse names that were quite obviously "vulgar, obscene, in poor taste, and offensive to religious, political, or ethnic groups."
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Nutritional Management of Insulin Resistance in Horses
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise