Attorney Jim Philpott has taken a lot of journeys throughout his life. And though he was casually involved with horses at a young age, he never imagined his career path after law school would eventually revolve around the Thoroughbred world.
Keeneland trustee William T. "Buddy" Bishop III, whose lifelong service to the track also included positions as director, secretary, and counsel, died Thursday at his home.
William T. "Buddy" Bishop III, a Lexington attorney who has been a long-time board member and secretary of Keeneland, has been appointed a Keeneland trustee.
William T. (Buddy) Bishop III, a prominent Lexington attorney who has been a long-time board member and secretary of Keeneland, has been appointed a trustee of the company.
Edward A. (Buddy) Bishop, who has served as The Jockey Club's registrar since 1984, will retire at year's end and will be succeeded by Rick Bailey.
Dr. Jack K. Robbins, instrumental in many aspects of racing and veterinary science in California for a half-century, has been named honor guest of the Thoroughbred Club of America's annual Testimonial Dinner.
By Buddy Bishop -- Maybe it's a sign of the times, a glimpse of what lies ahead. But I certainly hope that isn't the case. In the past few months, several Thoroughbred owners have submitted horse names that were quite obviously "vulgar, obscene, in poor taste, and offensive to religious, political, or ethnic groups."
Most Popular Stories
- Heleringer Resigns as KEEP Executive Director
- EquiLottery, AmTote in Strategic Relationship
- That Handicapping Show: Los Alamitos Futurity
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- EVA Vaccines: What You Need to Know
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Date Announced for Second CBA Symposium
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds