The essays of Heywood Hale Broun, a colorful voice of the Triple Crown for CBS, are coming back to television in a new 13-week series called Woodie's World on ESPN Classic, debuting Oct. 31 at 7 p.m.
By Bud Lamoreaux -- It's time to start the drums rolling for the most memorable broadcaster ever to do a Triple Crown race, the late Heywood Hale Broun. Surely there is a place for a shrine to him, be it Churchill Downs, Keeneland, or Saratoga.
By Bud Lamoreaux -- A few years ago, Heywood Hale Broun sent a pamphlet to his friends entitled Remember Me. It was, of course, a brilliant essay about life being too fast and people being caught up in personal success rather than good deeds.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York