Long-time jockey agent Dennis Cooper seeks respect for his client, Jesus Castanon, and other Midwest riders. Castanon is the rider of Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner and Belmont Stakes (gr. I) hopeful Shackleford.
Veteran jockey Mark Guidry, 21st on the all-time list of North American riders with more than 5,000 victories, plans to close out his riding career Nov. 10 at Churchill Downs.
On a day when the Illinois Thoroughbred gets some undivided attention, the six $100,000 stakes for horses foaled and/or conceived in the Prairie State will offer a variety of challenges for the average handicapper. Here is a closer look at the 2007 edition of the Phil Georgeff Festival of Racing to be held Nov. 3.
Bucksplasher, who sired Eclipse Award winner and Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) victor Buck's Boy, died the first week of October.
Most Popular Stories
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Miller Promoted at Millennium Farms
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware