Ready's Echo, runner-up in this year's Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) and placed in last year's Belmont Stakes (gr. I), has been sold to Zabeel Racing
Plantation Stud of Newmarket, England, announced Monday that it has acquired the 220-acre Silver Springs Stud near Paris, Ky.
The Tattersalls July Sale concluded Thursday with records for turnover, average, and median prices. The final session saw 76 lots sold for 1,122,700 guineas.
Racing and breeding news briefs for Sept. 5, 2000.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- John Henry, Phil Marino, and Early Cajun Days