Ready's Echo, runner-up in this year's Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) and placed in last year's Belmont Stakes (gr. I), has been sold to Zabeel Racing
Plantation Stud of Newmarket, England, announced Monday that it has acquired the 220-acre Silver Springs Stud near Paris, Ky.
The Tattersalls July Sale concluded Thursday with records for turnover, average, and median prices. The final session saw 76 lots sold for 1,122,700 guineas.
Racing and breeding news briefs for Sept. 5, 2000.
Most Popular Stories
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet
- F-T Saratoga Fall Sale Expanded to Two Days
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga