Buckleupbuttercup got up in the final strides to win the $167,400 Chilukki Stakes (gr. II) by a head over May Day Rose to complete the Breeders' Cup World Championships day card Nov. 5 at Churchill Downs.
Freedom Star, seeking her first win since taking the Iowa Distaff in June, is the 3-1 morning line favorite in the $150,000 Chilukki Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs, the race that wraps up the final day of Breeders' Cup a
Tar Heel Mom and Pomeroys Pistol, both second in grade I events at Saratoga in their most recent starts, return to action in the $150,000 Foxwoods Gallant Bloom Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park Sept. 24.
The Aug. 7 seven-furlong Test Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga will feature a deep, talented field of 3-year-old fillies featuring stakes winners and undefeated up-and-comers
Terra Di Sienna's Pica Slew caught pacesetter Rapport at the eighth-pole and cruised to a two-length win in the $150,000 Azalea Stakes (gr. III) July 10 at Calder Race Course.
Remarkable 3-year-old sprinter D'Funnybone, entering off an authoritative victory last month, will be an overwhelming favorite in a short field entered for the $200,000 Carry Back Stakes (gr. III) July 10 at Calder.
A full field of 13 fillies, including five Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contenders, are set to go postward in the June 5 Betfair TVG Acorn Stakes (gr. I) on Belmont Stakes Day at the Jamaica, N.Y.-based Belmont Park.
Buckleupbuttercup, never off the board in six previous starts, earned her first stakes victory in her first attempt when taking the $100,000 Eight Belles Stakes (gr. III) over a sloppy Churchill Downs track May 1.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- Majestic Affair, Lindisfarne Win at Laurel
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Penn National Gaming Reports Losses for 2014