Champion racehorse and successful sire Pleasant Tap was euthanized Oct. 8 due to laminitis at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Cherokee Colony, a grade I winner who sired 10 stakes winners, died last week at the University of California at Davis Veterinary Hospital after suffering an internal rupture.
Pleasant Colony, who won the 1981 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I), died Dec. 31 of natural causes in his paddock at George Grayson's Blue Ridge Farm near Upperville, Va.
Most Popular Stories
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- NYRA May Lose Skorton as Chairman
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- Haskin's One for the Roses: Honor Code