Following a four-length win at Belmont Park in the Peter Pan, Tonalist will have the opportunity June 7 to capture the Triple Crown race that eluded his maternal grandsire while carrying Robert S. Evans' colors.
Champion racehorse and successful sire Pleasant Tap was euthanized Oct. 8 due to laminitis at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Cherokee Colony, a grade I winner who sired 10 stakes winners, died last week at the University of California at Davis Veterinary Hospital after suffering an internal rupture.
Pleasant Colony, who won the 1981 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I), died Dec. 31 of natural causes in his paddock at George Grayson's Blue Ridge Farm near Upperville, Va.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park