Following a four-length win at Belmont Park in the Peter Pan, Tonalist will have the opportunity June 7 to capture the Triple Crown race that eluded his maternal grandsire while carrying Robert S. Evans' colors.
Champion racehorse and successful sire Pleasant Tap was euthanized Oct. 8 due to laminitis at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Cherokee Colony, a grade I winner who sired 10 stakes winners, died last week at the University of California at Davis Veterinary Hospital after suffering an internal rupture.
Pleasant Colony, who won the 1981 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I), died Dec. 31 of natural causes in his paddock at George Grayson's Blue Ridge Farm near Upperville, Va.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment