Following a four-length win at Belmont Park in the Peter Pan, Tonalist will have the opportunity June 7 to capture the Triple Crown race that eluded his maternal grandsire while carrying Robert S. Evans' colors.
Champion racehorse and successful sire Pleasant Tap was euthanized Oct. 8 due to laminitis at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Cherokee Colony, a grade I winner who sired 10 stakes winners, died last week at the University of California at Davis Veterinary Hospital after suffering an internal rupture.
Pleasant Colony, who won the 1981 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I), died Dec. 31 of natural causes in his paddock at George Grayson's Blue Ridge Farm near Upperville, Va.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Metaboss Working Toward Spiral Start
- Friday's Islamorada Could Impact Triple Crown
- Help Wanted: Keeneland Hosting Job Fair
- The Big Beast Looking at Stakes Return
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Major Stakes Winners Show Up for Hillsborough
- Weather Forces Racing, Event Cancellations
- Inner-Track Star Storied Lady Set for Cat Cay
- Armin van Buuren Tops Preakness InfieldFest