A memorial service for Julian Logan "Buck" Wheat, the longtime director of horsemen's relations and the unofficial "Mayor of the Backside" at Churchill Downs will be held at the track Wednesday, Dec. 28.
Julian Logan "Buck" Wheat, Churchill Downs' Director of Horsemen's Relations long known as the "Mayor of the Backside" at the home of the Kentucky Derby, died Dec. 21 of complications from injuries suffered in a fall
The world of fashion will be turned on its ear at Churchill Downs Sept. 13, as the official logo for Kentucky Derby 133 is unveiled.
Churchill Downs has launched its first-ever "Speakers Bureau" to make representatives from all areas of the historic track available for participation in events and gatherings sponsored by business, community, and social groups.
Most Popular Stories
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Ben's Cat Seeks Governor's Cup
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- Brown Sends Two West For American Oaks
- Night Prowler Well-Spotted in Rich Penn Mile
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- Something Extra Pursues Third Connaught Win
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance