A memorial service for Julian Logan "Buck" Wheat, the longtime director of horsemen's relations and the unofficial "Mayor of the Backside" at Churchill Downs will be held at the track Wednesday, Dec. 28.
Julian Logan "Buck" Wheat, Churchill Downs' Director of Horsemen's Relations long known as the "Mayor of the Backside" at the home of the Kentucky Derby, died Dec. 21 of complications from injuries suffered in a fall
The world of fashion will be turned on its ear at Churchill Downs Sept. 13, as the official logo for Kentucky Derby 133 is unveiled.
Churchill Downs has launched its first-ever "Speakers Bureau" to make representatives from all areas of the historic track available for participation in events and gatherings sponsored by business, community, and social groups.
Most Popular Stories
- U.A.E. to Supply Horses for Chinese Race Day
- Special Post Time for Aqueduct on Wood Day
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Concert Added to Black-Eyed Susan Day Lineup
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS