A memorial service for Julian Logan "Buck" Wheat, the longtime director of horsemen's relations and the unofficial "Mayor of the Backside" at Churchill Downs will be held at the track Wednesday, Dec. 28.
Julian Logan "Buck" Wheat, Churchill Downs' Director of Horsemen's Relations long known as the "Mayor of the Backside" at the home of the Kentucky Derby, died Dec. 21 of complications from injuries suffered in a fall
The world of fashion will be turned on its ear at Churchill Downs Sept. 13, as the official logo for Kentucky Derby 133 is unveiled.
Churchill Downs has launched its first-ever "Speakers Bureau" to make representatives from all areas of the historic track available for participation in events and gatherings sponsored by business, community, and social groups.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective
- Nyquist to Work in Afternoon at Santa Anita