The schedule shifts September racing dates from Turfway Park in Northern Kentucky to Churchill in Louisville. February will offer just four race dates in the state, at Turfway Park.
Speaking at the Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit at Keeneland, Mary Scollay, DVM, presented a 10-year study that indicated positive trends for pre-race exams in Florida.
Jockey Matthew Straight was "awake and responsive, and complaining of left shoulder pain," according to Keeneland medical director Dr. Barry Schumer following a
The president of Kentucky Downs said the track is nearing completion of work needed to implement a form of Instant Racing and that it will be a "first class" operation and that the opening date will be announced soon.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association Safety and Integrity Alliance Professional Education Seminar will be held Tuesday, Oct. 19, at Keeneland.
With all of the major contenders for today's Breeders' Cup World Championships went to the Santa Anita track early to stretch their legs, D' Funnybone, breezed two furlongs in :24 2/5 under the watchful eye of trainer Richard Dutrow.
Stormalory, a 3-year-old colt, was euthanized after breaking down during the Crown Royal American Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs May 1.
After going a month with no fatalities, Turfway Park in Northern Kentucky was the site of five catastrophic injuries during an eight-day period in February, according to state veterinarian Dr. Bryce Peckham.
Most Popular Stories
- Smart Transition Powers Home in Curlin
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Uncertainty as Delaware Drops Pletcher Case
- CHRB Rejects Proposed Decision on Valenzuela
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- American Pharoah Schools at Monmouth
- Loooch Racing on the Lookout for Top Horses
- Beshear, Moses to Speak at Round Table
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar