China Horse Club has acquired a minority interest in grade I winner Daredevil, who is set to make his 3-year-old debut Feb. 28 in the $200,000 Swale Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
The deal means the leading 2-year-old son of More Than Ready will eventually stand at the Central Kentucky farm, alongside his sire.
As expected, Haskell Invitational (gr. I) winner Verrazano will retire to Ashford Stud, it was announced Oct. 29. His final race will come Nov. 1 in the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I).
Owner Let's Go Stable announced Tuesday, April 16 that grade II winner El Padrino has been retired from racing.
Tampa Bay Derby (gr. II) winner Verrazano was assigned post 8 as the 4-5 favorite on the morning line for the $1 million Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. I) to be run April 6 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
The Coolmore team of Michael Tabor, Derrick Smith, and Susan Magnier has purchased an interest in unbeaten 3-year-old Verrazano and will race the son of More Than Ready in partnership with Let's Go Stable.
After a 7 1/2-month layup following the Kentucky Derby, runner returns in a Dec. 19 allowance at Gulfstream with an eye on the $500,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I).
Peter Willmott has been re-elected to another three-year term as chairman of TOBA's board of trustees.
Nobody would have blamed the connections of Risen Star Stakes (gr. II) winner El Padrino if they had chosen to return to Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots rather than staying in Florida to face Union Rags in the Florida Derby.
Let's Go Stable purchases the juvenile at the OBS February select auction.
Kevin Scatuorchio and Bryan Sullivan's Let's Go Racing Stable went to $630,000 to purchase a Candy Ride colt from Padraig Campion's Blandford Stud during the Sept. 17 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out