The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. has more horses for its February select sale of 2-year-olds in training than it did in 2008, according to Tom Ventura, the auction firm's general manager and director of sales. OBS will catalog 200 juveniles, up 16.3% from last year's total of 172.
It was more of the same during the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale Sept. 30 at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium, Md., as gross, average, and median took dives while the buy-back rate climbed.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. August yearling produced some discouraging results, but they weren't really surprising considering the slumping American economy and the mixed bag of returns at other yearling auctions.
A Macho Uno colt topped the opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. (OBS) spring sale of 2-year-olds in training Monday in Central Florida, bringing $250,000 from Terri Pompay, who was acting on behalf of Klaravich Stable.
Darley USA president Jimmy Bell struck early Wednesday, buying a Trippi filly named White Lamb for $550,000 during the first hour of the second session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March select sale of 2-year-olds in training in Central Florida.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture