The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. has more horses for its February select sale of 2-year-olds in training than it did in 2008, according to Tom Ventura, the auction firm's general manager and director of sales. OBS will catalog 200 juveniles, up 16.3% from last year's total of 172.
It was more of the same during the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale Sept. 30 at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium, Md., as gross, average, and median took dives while the buy-back rate climbed.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. August yearling produced some discouraging results, but they weren't really surprising considering the slumping American economy and the mixed bag of returns at other yearling auctions.
A Macho Uno colt topped the opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. (OBS) spring sale of 2-year-olds in training Monday in Central Florida, bringing $250,000 from Terri Pompay, who was acting on behalf of Klaravich Stable.
Darley USA president Jimmy Bell struck early Wednesday, buying a Trippi filly named White Lamb for $550,000 during the first hour of the second session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March select sale of 2-year-olds in training in Central Florida.
Most Popular Stories
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Broberg, Hernandez Rule at Evangeline Meet
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- NYRA Pledges Matching Funds for Aftercare
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Gallant Son to Daehling Ranch in CA