The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. has more horses for its February select sale of 2-year-olds in training than it did in 2008, according to Tom Ventura, the auction firm's general manager and director of sales. OBS will catalog 200 juveniles, up 16.3% from last year's total of 172.
It was more of the same during the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale Sept. 30 at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium, Md., as gross, average, and median took dives while the buy-back rate climbed.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. August yearling produced some discouraging results, but they weren't really surprising considering the slumping American economy and the mixed bag of returns at other yearling auctions.
A Macho Uno colt topped the opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. (OBS) spring sale of 2-year-olds in training Monday in Central Florida, bringing $250,000 from Terri Pompay, who was acting on behalf of Klaravich Stable.
Darley USA president Jimmy Bell struck early Wednesday, buying a Trippi filly named White Lamb for $550,000 during the first hour of the second session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March select sale of 2-year-olds in training in Central Florida.
Most Popular Stories
- Castellano Sets North American Earnings Mark
- Honor Code: A.P. Indy's Last Derby Hope
- Flat Out to Enter Stud at Spendthrift Farm
- Moment of the Year Voting Now Open
- Novak at the Track: Road to Derby Retrospect
- After Market Purchased to Stand in Turkey
- Shy's Aly Scores for Sire Too Shy Will Fly
- Turfway to Increase Stakes, Allowance Purses
- TimeformUS: Saturday Plays
- Barretts January Sale Catalog Now Online