Trainer Joe Petalino says J P's Gusto had been doing things too easily in his training leading up to the $300,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park, so he demanded more from a five-furlong drill March 13.
In a true racing rarity, three jockeys from the same immediate family will ride against each other Sept. 28 at Remington Park.
Jockey Bryan McNeil was released from Methodist Dallas Medical Center July 20 after he suffered a broken left arm in a fall during the 11th race at Lone Star Park the preceding day, according to his agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- Free Mammography Screening at Turfway Dec. 27
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says