Trainer Joe Petalino says J P's Gusto had been doing things too easily in his training leading up to the $300,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park, so he demanded more from a five-furlong drill March 13.
In a true racing rarity, three jockeys from the same immediate family will ride against each other Sept. 28 at Remington Park.
Jockey Bryan McNeil was released from Methodist Dallas Medical Center July 20 after he suffered a broken left arm in a fall during the 11th race at Lone Star Park the preceding day, according to his agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Hashtag Bourbon Tough in Breeders' Futurity
- Atreides Gets Distance Test in Indiana Derby
- Better Lucky Seeks to Repeat in First Lady
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- Marchman Returns From Short Rest in Woodford
- TCA Draws Balanced Field of Distaff Sprinters
- Lenny's Place - Episode 2
- New Meet, New Racing Surface