Trainer Joe Petalino says J P's Gusto had been doing things too easily in his training leading up to the $300,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park, so he demanded more from a five-furlong drill March 13.
In a true racing rarity, three jockeys from the same immediate family will ride against each other Sept. 28 at Remington Park.
Jockey Bryan McNeil was released from Methodist Dallas Medical Center July 20 after he suffered a broken left arm in a fall during the 11th race at Lone Star Park the preceding day, according to his agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- White Beauty Lineage
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience