Trainer Joe Petalino says J P's Gusto had been doing things too easily in his training leading up to the $300,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park, so he demanded more from a five-furlong drill March 13.
In a true racing rarity, three jockeys from the same immediate family will ride against each other Sept. 28 at Remington Park.
Jockey Bryan McNeil was released from Methodist Dallas Medical Center July 20 after he suffered a broken left arm in a fall during the 11th race at Lone Star Park the preceding day, according to his agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Australia's Rules Banning AI Upheld by Court
- Finding a Home, Filling a Need
- Rampart Winner Gamay Noir Heads Sixty Sails
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- Illinois Gaming Plans Would Slice Racing Aid
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations