Trainer Joe Petalino says J P's Gusto had been doing things too easily in his training leading up to the $300,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park, so he demanded more from a five-furlong drill March 13.
In a true racing rarity, three jockeys from the same immediate family will ride against each other Sept. 28 at Remington Park.
Jockey Bryan McNeil was released from Methodist Dallas Medical Center July 20 after he suffered a broken left arm in a fall during the 11th race at Lone Star Park the preceding day, according to his agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Madden Gets Birthday Win at Saratoga
- King Kranz Holds Royal Edge in Amsterdam
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady
- The Gurkha Edges Galileo Gold in Sussex
- Unified's Connections Eye King's Bishop