Trainer Billy Gowan had several options for the 4-year-old debut of Ride On Curlin, but he decided to take what he believes is the path of least resistance: a second-level allowance Jan. 15 in the ninth race at Oaklawn.
Preakness Stakes (gr. I) contender Ride On Curlin breezed four furlongs in :49 3/5 on an overcast morning at Pimlico Race Course May 14.
Bryan Beccia, the regular exercise rider for Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Monarchos and other top horses, has been granted a conditional license to resume his career in Kentucky.
Greta Kuntzweiler, whose riding career was derailed in 2006 and 2007 after her arrest on drug charges, has been granted a license to resume riding in Kentucky, contingent upon a set of strict conditions.
John C. Oxley's Monarchos, winner of the 127th running of the Kentucky Derby, left Churchill Downs late Wednesday morning on a journey that will take him to Baltimore's Pimlico Race Course and the Preakness, the second jewel in the Visa Triple Crown.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- Average, Median Rise at Doncaster Sale
- Swagger Jack Moves to Dana Point
- Glen Hill Farm to Sponsor One Dreamer Stakes
- Seth Hancock Named Keeneland Trustee
- First Winner for Desert Key
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- TimeformUS Preview: The Travers
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired