Keeneland's September yearling sale opened Monday with a pair of million-dollar fillies by Bernardini and Curlin leading higher average and median.
Five-time grade I winner Better Talk Now is in critical condition after developing a gastrointestinal problem.
A Medaglia d'Oro colt was purchased by Elizabeth Moran's Brushwood Stables for $600,000 to top the early portion of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 11.
Reiley McDonald purchases the bay juvenile for Brushwood Stables.
The Tattersalls' Book 2 October yearling auction's record for the most expensive horse sold was exceeded twice by progeny of Danehill Dancer during a lively closing session Oct. 15 in England. A son of the Coolmore stallion brought 420,000 guineas and a daughter sold for 400,000 guineas.
Cheveley Park Stud's Russian Rhythm, the Sagitta One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) winner last month, added the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) to her growing resume Friday at Royal Ascot.
The Keeneland November breeding stock sale got off to an encouraging start in Central Kentucky on Monday, selling more horses and increasing its gross revenue from the previous year while suffering only minor setbacks for its average and median prices.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Field Favored at Close of Derby Wager Pool 3
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- Rebel Still Possibilty for Take Charge Brandi