Keeneland's September yearling sale opened Monday with a pair of million-dollar fillies by Bernardini and Curlin leading higher average and median.
Five-time grade I winner Better Talk Now is in critical condition after developing a gastrointestinal problem.
A Medaglia d'Oro colt was purchased by Elizabeth Moran's Brushwood Stables for $600,000 to top the early portion of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 11.
Reiley McDonald purchases the bay juvenile for Brushwood Stables.
The Tattersalls' Book 2 October yearling auction's record for the most expensive horse sold was exceeded twice by progeny of Danehill Dancer during a lively closing session Oct. 15 in England. A son of the Coolmore stallion brought 420,000 guineas and a daughter sold for 400,000 guineas.
Cheveley Park Stud's Russian Rhythm, the Sagitta One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) winner last month, added the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) to her growing resume Friday at Royal Ascot.
The Keeneland November breeding stock sale got off to an encouraging start in Central Kentucky on Monday, selling more horses and increasing its gross revenue from the previous year while suffering only minor setbacks for its average and median prices.
Most Popular Stories
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 1
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack