Five-time grade I winner Better Talk Now is in critical condition after developing a gastrointestinal problem.
A Medaglia d'Oro colt was purchased by Elizabeth Moran's Brushwood Stables for $600,000 to top the early portion of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 11.
Reiley McDonald purchases the bay juvenile for Brushwood Stables.
The Tattersalls' Book 2 October yearling auction's record for the most expensive horse sold was exceeded twice by progeny of Danehill Dancer during a lively closing session Oct. 15 in England. A son of the Coolmore stallion brought 420,000 guineas and a daughter sold for 400,000 guineas.
Cheveley Park Stud's Russian Rhythm, the Sagitta One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) winner last month, added the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) to her growing resume Friday at Royal Ascot.
The Keeneland November breeding stock sale got off to an encouraging start in Central Kentucky on Monday, selling more horses and increasing its gross revenue from the previous year while suffering only minor setbacks for its average and median prices.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North