Keeneland's September yearling sale opened Monday with a pair of million-dollar fillies by Bernardini and Curlin leading higher average and median.
Five-time grade I winner Better Talk Now is in critical condition after developing a gastrointestinal problem.
A Medaglia d'Oro colt was purchased by Elizabeth Moran's Brushwood Stables for $600,000 to top the early portion of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 11.
Reiley McDonald purchases the bay juvenile for Brushwood Stables.
- By Mark Popham
The Tattersalls' Book 2 October yearling auction's record for the most expensive horse sold was exceeded twice by progeny of Danehill Dancer during a lively closing session Oct. 15 in England. A son of the Coolmore stallion brought 420,000 guineas and a daughter sold for 400,000 guineas.
Cheveley Park Stud's Russian Rhythm, the Sagitta One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) winner last month, added the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) to her growing resume Friday at Royal Ascot.
The Keeneland November breeding stock sale got off to an encouraging start in Central Kentucky on Monday, selling more horses and increasing its gross revenue from the previous year while suffering only minor setbacks for its average and median prices.
Most Popular Stories
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm