Keeneland's September yearling sale wrapped up its one-day Book 5 session Sept. 24 in Lexington with similar figures to last year's Book 5, and overall figures are still rolling ahead of last year's returns.
One year after the sale registered positive results in gross, average, and median price, optimism remains the key word going into the March 12 Barretts March select sale of 2-year-olds in training.
The number of horses sold, gross revenue, average price, and median price all dropped at the California yearling sale held Oct. 2 at Fairplex Park.
The marathon Keeneland September yearling sale set a record for gross receipts at any equine auction when Bruno de Berdt signed the ticket early in the session Monday for an Officer colt bought for $45,000 from the consignment of Peter O'Callaghan's Woods Edge Farm.
A California-bred filly by millionaire Event of the Year, out of the unraced Storm Cat mare Stormy Regina, brought a final bid of $160,000 to top the Barretts October preferred yearling sale Tuesday in Pomona, Calif.
The summer yearling sale season kicked off Wednesday with the Fasig-Tipton sale in Lexington, Ky. Buyers, sellers, and sales company officials offered the following observations.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Calvin Borel Returns to Riding at Ellis Park
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Flintshire Dominant Again in Sword Dancer
- A.P. Indian Gets Second Grade I in Forego
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- Haveyougoneaway Surges to Ballerina Win