Newtown Anner Stud and Joseph Bulger's Falling Sky won for the first time since the 2013 Sam F. Davis (gr. III), upsetting the Feb. 8 Gulfstream Park Sprint Stakes (gr. III) just over a year after his last triumph.
Multiple grade I winner Jackson Bend heads a field of 11 as part of a one-two punch for trainer Stanley Gold in the $100,000 Gulfstream Park Sprint (gr. III); Gold also has 2013 winner Fort Loudon in the Feb. 8 race.
In his first start back from injury, Graydar spurted to the early lead and held on to win the $400,000 Kelso Handicap (gr. II) by three-quarters of a length over Brujo de Olleros Sept. 28 at Belmont Park.
Graydar will take on veteran runners Jackson Bend and Hymn Book and the South American importBrujo de Olleros, in the Sept. 28 Kelso Invitational Handicap (gr. II) hoping to score entry to the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I).
Stuart S. Janney III's Air Support will be the 118-pound highweight in a compact field of five for the $200,000 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT) Sept. 8, as stakes action returns to Belmont Park.
- By Steve Haskin
Brujo de Olleros is the next potential star to arrive in the United States from Uruguay. read blog
Team Valor International and Richard Santulli have purchased Uruguayan champion miler Brujo de Olleros and will import the 4-year-old son of Wild Event from Uruguay Feb. 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Harris, Frazier Lead 2014 Washingon HOF Class
- OBS Fall Sale to Include Horses of Racing Age
- Filly Taghrooda Takes Aim at Ascot History
- Equineline 'Pedigree Binder' Now Available
- Wednesday at Saratoga
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- TOBA Schedules Events in Saratoga Springs
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52