By Bruce Smart -- Articles describing the 2000 yearling sales have trumpeted the enormous prices being paid for fine physical horses by fashionable sires. But for the "little guy" breeder a darker aspect of today's market hits harder -- the financial disaster represented by the prices for the many race-worthy yearlings that lack a stylish pedigree and fall short of physical perfection.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby