By Bruce Smart -- Articles describing the 2000 yearling sales have trumpeted the enormous prices being paid for fine physical horses by fashionable sires. But for the "little guy" breeder a darker aspect of today's market hits harder -- the financial disaster represented by the prices for the many race-worthy yearlings that lack a stylish pedigree and fall short of physical perfection.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Valid Bounds Away to Iselin Victory
- Smokey the Pony Reining at Saratoga
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- Site Read Favored in With Anticipation
- NY Fan Forum: Improve Customer Service
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score