By Bruce Smart -- Articles describing the 2000 yearling sales have trumpeted the enormous prices being paid for fine physical horses by fashionable sires. But for the "little guy" breeder a darker aspect of today's market hits harder -- the financial disaster represented by the prices for the many race-worthy yearlings that lack a stylish pedigree and fall short of physical perfection.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'