In a highly publicized case that could have had ramifications worldwide, the Full Federal Court of Australia has unanimously dismissed a challenge to that country's ban on artificial insemination in Thoroughbreds.
The debate over whether to permit artificial insemination (AI) in the Thoroughbred has been around just about as long as the practice.
Industry leaders applaud a federal Australian court's decision to deny a request by prominent owner-breeder Bruce McHugh to allow artificial insemination in Thoroughbred breeding.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Wonder Gal Seeks Rebound in Frizette Stakes
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Bustin It Heads New York Breeders' Futurity
- Black Type On the Line in Indiana Oaks
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Classy Yanks vs. Euro Invaders in Hill Prince