In a highly publicized case that could have had ramifications worldwide, the Full Federal Court of Australia has unanimously dismissed a challenge to that country's ban on artificial insemination in Thoroughbreds.
The debate over whether to permit artificial insemination (AI) in the Thoroughbred has been around just about as long as the practice.
Industry leaders applaud a federal Australian court's decision to deny a request by prominent owner-breeder Bruce McHugh to allow artificial insemination in Thoroughbred breeding.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland Begins Installation of Dirt Surface
- Maybry's Boy to E.A. Ranches
- Texas AG Asked to Rule on Historical Racing
- Enhanced Security for Whitney, Travers Horses
- My Option, La Tia Tangle in Ontario Matron
- Tonalist Looks Tough in Jim Dandy Stakes
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante