Little Missouri, a grade I winner and sire of champion and classic winner Prairie Bayou, was euthanized Sept. 8 because of the infirmities of old age.
Gainesway Farm announced that the first foal sired by grade I winner Cuvee arrived Jan. 5 at Bruce Kline's Foxhills Farm near Lexington.
Grade I winner Prized and 4-year-old Prints of Peace will stand in 2006 at the Funkhouser family's O'Sullivan Farms near Charles Town, W.Va.
Cuvee, last year's runner-up in Eclipse Award balloting for best 2-year-old male for Winchell Thoroughbreds and Bruce Kline and partners' Spendthrift Farm, was retired following his unplaced effort in the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) and will enter stud at Spendthrift near Lexington, Ky. for a fee of $10,000.
Teton Forest, a 2004 grade II winner for B. Wayne Hughes, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at the owner's Spendthrift Farm near Lexington.
Blandford Bloodstock paid a top price of $155,000 for a son of Prized during Thursday's session of Keeneland's September Yearling Sale.
Members of the Mr. Greeley syndicate and Spendthrift Farm have purchased a 50% interest in the breeding rights to top 2-year-old Whywhywhy.
Mr. and Mrs. Bruce Kline, formerly of Dixiana Farm, purchased Spendthrift in partnership.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Live Racing at Meadowlands Cancelled Again
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates