Orb is working his way back to racing at Fair Hill, the Elkton, Md. training center where he's been stabled since June 9, the day after finishing third in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
In Excess, an Irish-bred son of Siberian Express who became one of the most dominant sires in California, died May 17 at Vessels Stallion Farm at 26. He was pensioned in 2011.
David Wilkenfeld's Vyjack, who came out of his first career defeat in the Wood Memorial (gr. I) with a lung infection, has been having regular treatments in a hyperbaric chamber at Fair Hill Equine Therapy Center.
Haskell Invitational (gr. I) winner Paynter will leave New Bolton Oct. 14 or 15 for Fair Hill Equine Therapy Center in Elkton, Md., owner Ahmed Zayat said.
After examining a second set of X-rays, it was determined that the leg injury suffered by Animal Kingdom was more serious than initially thought and he will not race again this season.
The 17-1 shot Brego, given a patient ground-saving ride by Richard Eramia, rallied between horses and swept to the lead in deep stretch to earn a one-length victory in the $144,500 Edward J. DeBartolo Sr. Memorial Breeders' Cup Handicap on the Remington Park turf Sept. 3.
Trial by Jury rallied late in the stretch to nail 1-2 favorite New Export by a neck in Saturday's $200,000 Dallas Turf Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
The sight is devastating. Charred posts and jagged pieces of tin are jutting into the air from the blackened remains of what was a 40-stall horse barn on the peaceful rolling hills of the Fair Hill Training Center.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- TTA to Conduct 2-Year-Old Sale in April
- Bradester, Valid Meet Again at Monmouth
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- Suffolk to Subsidize Shipping for Fall Dates
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC
- Oaklawn: Record $27 Million in Purses in 2016