Jerre Paxton, whose Northwest Farms has been a constant and major force in Washington racing and breeding, died of an apparent heart attack the evening of Jan. 25 in Seattle. He was 76.
The Smart Strike ridgling stars in the Keeneland September sale's third session for his breeder, who was a member of an NCAA Division I championship basketball team.
Gwen's Song breaks the seven-figure mark Tuesday afternoon at Keeneland.
Toga Toga Toga, who won the 1997 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I), was euthanized in late November after fracturing a leg in an accident at Bruce Gibbs' Greenfield Farm near Lexington. The 9-year-old mare was in foal to Pulpit.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Jockey Hill Guides in 1,000th Winner
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York