Jerre Paxton, whose Northwest Farms has been a constant and major force in Washington racing and breeding, died of an apparent heart attack the evening of Jan. 25 in Seattle. He was 76.
The Smart Strike ridgling stars in the Keeneland September sale's third session for his breeder, who was a member of an NCAA Division I championship basketball team.
Gwen's Song breaks the seven-figure mark Tuesday afternoon at Keeneland.
Toga Toga Toga, who won the 1997 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I), was euthanized in late November after fracturing a leg in an accident at Bruce Gibbs' Greenfield Farm near Lexington. The 9-year-old mare was in foal to Pulpit.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green