Jerre Paxton, whose Northwest Farms has been a constant and major force in Washington racing and breeding, died of an apparent heart attack the evening of Jan. 25 in Seattle. He was 76.
The Smart Strike ridgling stars in the Keeneland September sale's third session for his breeder, who was a member of an NCAA Division I championship basketball team.
Gwen's Song breaks the seven-figure mark Tuesday afternoon at Keeneland.
Toga Toga Toga, who won the 1997 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I), was euthanized in late November after fracturing a leg in an accident at Bruce Gibbs' Greenfield Farm near Lexington. The 9-year-old mare was in foal to Pulpit.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- 2-Year-Olds Prep for Barretts Del Mar Sale
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- NBC Sports Commentators on 'Night School'
- KEDRC Makes Cobalt Policy Recommendation
- NY Begins Weekly Track Information Reports
- 'Win and You're In' Spot for Ordak Dan