Jerre Paxton, whose Northwest Farms has been a constant and major force in Washington racing and breeding, died of an apparent heart attack the evening of Jan. 25 in Seattle. He was 76.
The Smart Strike ridgling stars in the Keeneland September sale's third session for his breeder, who was a member of an NCAA Division I championship basketball team.
Gwen's Song breaks the seven-figure mark Tuesday afternoon at Keeneland.
Toga Toga Toga, who won the 1997 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I), was euthanized in late November after fracturing a leg in an accident at Bruce Gibbs' Greenfield Farm near Lexington. The 9-year-old mare was in foal to Pulpit.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- HKJC Strikes Coverage Deal in Australia