The legacy of the late Barbara Hunter was on full display Jan. 8 during the second day of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale, with Keertana selling for $1 million and Snow Top Mountain bringing $950,000.
Graded stakes winner Snow Top Mountain brought an impressive price of $950,000 from Audley Farm during the second session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale Jan. 8.
Barbara Hunter's multiple graded stakes-winning mare Snow Top Mountain, in foal to Blame, has been retired from racing with earnings of $525,303.
Barbara Hunter's homebred Keertana, who last year became the first female to win the Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) since Our Request in 1951, has been retired from racing.
Keertana may go off as a longshot in the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT), but don't count her out. In 1994, bettors ignored another distaffer trained by Tom Proctor at their peril.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong
- Mine That Bird Movie Set for Wider Release
- Shared Belief's Hidden Key to Greatness
- Florida HBPA Launches New Website
- Starspangledbanner Colt Tops DBS Session
- Arc Winner Rail Link Relocated to France
- Shared Belief Streaks to Pacific Classic Win
- V. E. Day Adds to English Channel's Resume