The legacy of the late Barbara Hunter was on full display Jan. 8 during the second day of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale, with Keertana selling for $1 million and Snow Top Mountain bringing $950,000.
Graded stakes winner Snow Top Mountain brought an impressive price of $950,000 from Audley Farm during the second session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale Jan. 8.
Barbara Hunter's multiple graded stakes-winning mare Snow Top Mountain, in foal to Blame, has been retired from racing with earnings of $525,303.
Barbara Hunter's homebred Keertana, who last year became the first female to win the Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) since Our Request in 1951, has been retired from racing.
Keertana may go off as a longshot in the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT), but don't count her out. In 1994, bettors ignored another distaffer trained by Tom Proctor at their peril.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- Tom Amoss Secures 3,000th Training Victory