The legacy of the late Barbara Hunter was on full display Jan. 8 during the second day of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale, with Keertana selling for $1 million and Snow Top Mountain bringing $950,000.
Graded stakes winner Snow Top Mountain brought an impressive price of $950,000 from Audley Farm during the second session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale Jan. 8.
Barbara Hunter's multiple graded stakes-winning mare Snow Top Mountain, in foal to Blame, has been retired from racing with earnings of $525,303.
Barbara Hunter's homebred Keertana, who last year became the first female to win the Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) since Our Request in 1951, has been retired from racing.
Keertana may go off as a longshot in the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT), but don't count her out. In 1994, bettors ignored another distaffer trained by Tom Proctor at their peril.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding