The legacy of the late Barbara Hunter was on full display Jan. 8 during the second day of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale, with Keertana selling for $1 million and Snow Top Mountain bringing $950,000.
Graded stakes winner Snow Top Mountain brought an impressive price of $950,000 from Audley Farm during the second session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale Jan. 8.
Barbara Hunter's multiple graded stakes-winning mare Snow Top Mountain, in foal to Blame, has been retired from racing with earnings of $525,303.
Barbara Hunter's homebred Keertana, who last year became the first female to win the Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) since Our Request in 1951, has been retired from racing.
Keertana may go off as a longshot in the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT), but don't count her out. In 1994, bettors ignored another distaffer trained by Tom Proctor at their peril.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Dynamic Trade Continues at Arqana Sale
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale