Irish-bred Hoh Buzzard gained command in the stretch of the $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap, repelling a late challenge from Uraib to win the closing-day feature by 1 1/4 lengths on the grass at Golden Gate Fields Sunday.
Irish-bred Red Rioja slipped through a hole along the inside and edged away in the late stages to tally a one-length victory in Saturday's $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the soft Golden Gate Fields turf course.
Veteran trainer Chuck Jenda attempts to win the stakes named in honor of his former champion when he sends out A B Noodle in the $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Golden Gate Fields turf course Saturday.
The Magna 5, a five-race wagering series with a guaranteed $500,000 minimum pool, begins Saturday at approximately 4:25 p.m. (EST). In the span of a little more than an hour, five races, tied together with one bet, will be presented at Magna Entertainment Corp. tracks.
Locally based Lindsay Jean took the lead from pacesetter Neon Queen entering the stretch and then held off Southern California invaders Bush Triumph and Crazy Ensign to win the $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIT) by 1 1/2 length Saturday at Golden Gate Fields.
A well-matched field of nine fillies and mares will meet on the turf Saturday in the $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Golden Gate Fields.
Red Baron's Barn's Janet tracked pacesetter Impeachable through the early going, then rallied to a 1 3/4-length win in the $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Golden Gate Fields. Under David Flores, Janet completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:44.14 on good turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch